POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : image map and batch render : Re: image map and batch render Server Time
26 Apr 2024 02:22:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: image map and batch render
From: Leroy
Date: 28 Mar 2022 15:00:00
Message: <web.624204e6d7f80b35b78ae31df712fc00@news.povray.org>

<https://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Animation_Options#Internal_Animation_Loop>

> In this case, it's usually better to use constant file name length. So...
> #declare fileName = concat("File",str(frame_number,-4,0),".inc");
> The -4 means at least four digits and left padded with zeros.
> The zero mean no decimal part.
>
> File0001.inc, File0002.inc, ... File1500.inc

 Here something if the files you want to include aren't ordered as above or even
named the same. Make a file containing all the filenames you want. Then read
that file up to the current frame in the animation. That will be the your
include file.
I have winXP and I use this dos bat file to copy all the files in a directory.

REM make the file 'AAA_List.txt'  of 'txt' files from the directory where it
this is located
dir *.txt /A:-D/B/O:N > AAA_List.txt

just save in the directory where the files are and run
then I use POV win editor to add a quotes before and after the file name & a
comma at the end of each line