POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ulam Spiral fun : Re: Ulam Spiral fun Server Time
1 May 2024 17:48:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ulam Spiral fun
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 13 Mar 2022 14:05:00
Message: <web.622e312b8a8700001f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> hi,

> > Basically, translate some amount away from the origin (radius), translate your
> > camera up, and then rotate.   That ought to be it.
>
> you saved me :-) -- I'd been thinking I might need a spline.  fwiw, updated
> sources in p.b.a thread 'USaF'.
>

> regards, jr.

Well, I mean, a spline is just sort of a function that interpolates between a
set of control points.   You have to generate the control points somehow....

When you can just do it all in one fell swoop with a single function...  or an
algorithmic/programmatic loop...

Glad it's working well.   Maybe you can speed up the generation of the spiral as
it gets bigger to compensate for the "slowing down" - the longer legs of the
edges.  Sorta give it the same angular velocity for the whole animation.