POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A quick povr branch micro normal image. : Re: A quick povr branch micro normal image. Server Time
29 Apr 2024 23:42:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A quick povr branch micro normal image.
From: jr
Date: 13 Mar 2022 04:40:00
Message: <web.622dacafc1365d06fc0c8de6cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

> ... It's one of those insidious subtle bugs that cause
> confusing / hair pulling results when they do bite.

may have run into one those with 'povr' yesterday.  been using it while playing
with the USaF (see p.b.a) code since it's quicker to render.  all ok for the 500
frame tests, but when I went to do a "final" render, it crashed
("uncategorized", from memory) at the 3048th frame.  (sorry, bearer of bad news
and all that)

regards, jr.