POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : VSCode Extension - Render Error Output : Re: VSCode Extension - Render Error Output Server Time
26 Apr 2024 19:04:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: VSCode Extension - Render Error Output
From: Mr
Date: 11 Mar 2022 15:55:00
Message: <web.622bb69c8de14cd834c7846e6830a892@news.povray.org>
"kennebel" <jac### [at] kennebelcom> wrote:
> Hello there!
>
> I decided to fork the VSCode extension for POV-Ray (which quit working awhile
> back due to changes in the system). I got it back up and running, added a few
> features:
>
> https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=virtual-whirlwind.vscode-povray2
> https://github.com/VirtualWhirlwind/vscode-povray2
>
> While using it on Windows, I've noticed that when there is a scene/syntax issue,
> I need
> to open the regular POV-Ray editor to run the file as the command line rendering
> doesn't give the error message. Is there a 3.7 command line switch/parameter
> that would put the render errors back to the console that I could capture and
> show in the VSCode interface?

Thanks a lot for reviving the extension, but now that I made the switch I
noticed the pov binary path field and gave its path, so expected one step less
to make it work just by clicking the pov icon after that but no, I just got the
info message of the attached capture showing all provided settings. So are we
expected to create a build task by hand in a json file ?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download '' (161 KB)

Preview of image ''