POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Friday Afternoon Doodle : Re: Friday Afternoon Doodle Server Time
26 Apr 2024 22:01:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Friday Afternoon Doodle
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 7 Mar 2022 06:50:00
Message: <web.6225f0e015dda32b1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> I experimented with function-based isosurfaces years ago, but have forgotten
> some of the finer points, like how to 'taper' an object (like you did in y.) But
> I happened to be playing around with this same kind of technique this week! I
> can make a nice sine-wave shape, but what is the trick for getting the shape to
> taper or scale so nicely? IIRC, it is something relatively simple-- but I
> can't remember what :-(

IIRC, I emailed you a copy of Mike Williams' isosurface tutorial, which is no
longer on the internet.   :(  Not sure if I can post .odt or .pdf files to this
server anywhere...

I think what you're looking for is under "variable substitution" or something
similar.

We should have a section of the website for archiving these master reference
works - like Friedrich Lohmueller's site.