POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : VSCode Extension - Render Error Output : VSCode Extension - Render Error Output Server Time
26 Apr 2024 03:24:36 EDT (-0400)
  VSCode Extension - Render Error Output
From: kennebel
Date: 4 Mar 2022 19:20:00
Message: <web.6222ab8d92d88b32ace99571a96b55c3@news.povray.org>
Hello there!

I decided to fork the VSCode extension for POV-Ray (which quit working awhile
back due to changes in the system). I got it back up and running, added a few
features:

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=virtual-whirlwind.vscode-povray2
https://github.com/VirtualWhirlwind/vscode-povray2

While using it on Windows, I've noticed that when there is a scene/syntax issue,
I need
to open the regular POV-Ray editor to run the file as the command line rendering
doesn't give the error message. Is there a 3.7 command line switch/parameter
that would put the render errors back to the console that I could capture and
show in the VSCode interface?