POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A quick povr branch micro normal image. : Re: A quick povr branch micro normal image. Server Time
20 May 2024 18:53:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A quick povr branch micro normal image.
From: jr
Date: 1 Mar 2022 08:00:00
Message: <web.621e17b8c1365d06ed36e5cb6cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

> What particular commands and versions of TCL and Tcllib are you using?

(typed)

% set tcl_version
8.6
% package require crc32
% package require png
% png::addComment foo.png theTag theValue

and using a 'tcllib1.18' (though mean to upgrade to 1.19).

> It's been maybe 4-5 years since I played in the tcl/png sandbox but, not
> too long after tcl 8.6 was first released, I found the png support from
> within tcl/tk/tcllib buggy. Supposing you are finding it better?

guess so, cannot recall any problem(s) with 'image' and 'photo' etc.

> I was primarily trying to load/create/modify/save actual image channel
> data but, I don't recall even the particular 'TCL' packages and commands
> I tried at the moment...

fwiw 'df3util' can split PNGs into rgba (and stored in a DF3, but there's the
'export' command).

hope to post a 'compare(1)' image in the next days, showing some/much difference
for the sphere_sweep between 'povr' and stock POV-Ray.  will need to
systematically try with 'sturm' and 'tolerance' etc first though.

regards, jr.