POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Spiral : Re: Spiral Server Time
10 May 2024 23:23:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spiral
From: Kenneth
Date: 10 Feb 2022 13:35:00
Message: <web.620559d3c95e65754cef624e6e066e29@news.povray.org>

> Not the same, but this reminds me of Kenneth's airbrush technique
> (2008, iirc). I am unable to find the exact post here.
> I was thinking this:

Sorry for not posting here earlier; I was totally absorbed in running camera
'normal' experiments.

Hmm, I don't remember posting those images, although they look like the
experiments you and I did in my long-ago post (the one that Yadgar referenced).
Perhaps from a different 'Kenneth'? I searched all of the image posts for 2008
and didn't see another fellow by that name. TWO users named Kenneth??
Impossible! :-P

Anyway...I really like these spiral experiments. I was thinking about the
earlier suggestion of somehow using the technique to reproduce a full-color
photo-- perhaps by making separate spirals of the image's 3 separate color
channels (with the spirals colored red/green/blue), but having different
spacings or gaps between the spirals so that they sort of 'blend together' in
the viewer's eye. I haven't thought this through in detail, though. By using
different spiral 'frequencies? Maybe it's not possible geometrically.