POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ambient 0.3 triggers 'suspiciously high ambient value found' warning? : Re: ambient 0.3 triggers 'suspiciously high ambient value found' warning? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 14:54:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ambient 0.3 triggers 'suspiciously high ambient value found' warning?
From: tutki
Date: 9 Feb 2022 06:40:00
Message: <web.6203a79b84757b5b5c8e85ceb98f01db@news.povray.org>
[...]
> Ambient 0.3 does seem rather high to me, but it's not for me or POV-Ray
> to tell you, as an artist, not to use it that high.  The 'emission 0'
> tells POV-Ray 3.8 that you have consciously made that choice.

What are typical values for ambient that aren't considered high?

I'm noticing that 3.7 seems to be producing a much brighter image than 3.6. Is
there some global setting that I should be using to make it equivalent to 3.6?
Besides #version, that is. I want to know what's the difference between 3.6 and
3.7 lighting that's causing it to produce a much brighter (almost oversaturated)
image.