POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Interpolating between textures using clock? : Re: Interpolating between textures using clock? Server Time
24 Apr 2024 09:19:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Interpolating between textures using clock?
From: tutki
Date: 3 Feb 2022 13:05:00
Message: <web.61fc19187de8ac05c8e85ceb98f01db@news.povray.org>
[...]
> Assuming that your cells pattern has a pigment_map associated with it ...
>
> Why don't you change the definition of the pigments in the map by interpolating
> between two rgb values per map entry?
>
> Probably best to do this around the HSV wheel, rather than directly in
> rgb-space, otherwise you usually cross through a gray-region....

Yes, I have a pigment_map, mainly to convert the greyscale (well, scalar) values
of `cells` to some colors. Currently I have:

------
                color_map {
                        [0.00 color Red]
                        [0.17 color Yellow]
                        [0.33 color Green]
                        [0.50 color Cyan]
                        [0.66 color Blue]
                        [0.83 color Magenta]
                        [1.00 color Red]
                }
------

Problem though, is how to vary the color_map entries by `clock`?

P.S. Oh nevermind, just realized povray allows the color part of each entry to
be variable. So I could do something like Red + Green*clock, Green + Blue*clock,
etc., to get what I want.

Thanks for the idea!