POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Happy Holidays : Re: Happy Holidays Server Time
26 Apr 2024 09:10:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Happy Holidays
From: Kenneth
Date: 21 Dec 2021 09:20:00
Message: <web.61c1e257a9b6fbbc4cef624e6e066e29@news.povray.org>

> > Any particular tools you use to convert frames to movies?
> >
> > -- Chris Rath
> >

> <https://ffmpeg.org/>   is very versatile, you can call it as a shellout
> from POV-Ray.
>
> m@

I currently use VirtualDub 2 FilterMod (which includes ffmpeg as its engine, I
believe.) It has a GUI, which I like. Even though old, it's still available...

https://codecpack.co/download/VirtualDub-FilterMod.html

It can output various modern (or old) file formats, with various types of
compression. It has lots of configurable choices too-- many of which I don't
understand or use, ha. But I'm always learning.

[I've never been able to understand the 'shellout' feature in POV-Ray for
Windows, or how to use it. I don't come from a programming background, so the
concept itself is kind of a mystery.]