POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Happy Holidays : Re: Happy Holidays Server Time
26 Apr 2024 14:37:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Happy Holidays
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 21 Dec 2021 06:50:00
Message: <web.61c1be46a9b6fbbc1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
> Op 20/12/2021 om 21:52 schreef Chris R:

> This looks very convincing to me.
>
> [nitpicking] Maybe the snow seems a bit polluted by industrial fall out
> from its original surroundings? [/nitpicking]  :-)

I think that's the effect of larger bits of transparent ice and not fluffy
diffuse snow.  At least that the impression I get, especially with the specular
reflections.

I wasn't quite able to envision an earlier comment about adding some emission,
but now I think that it does need to be in some way "brightened".

deeper sslt?
rgbt?
emission?
a smaller emissive or rgb 1 diffuse 1 snowball just beneath the surface?

Still, a very impressive texture  - it is looking REAL.