POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Transparent Objects Become Black : Re: Transparent Objects Become Black Server Time
26 Apr 2024 04:45:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transparent Objects Become Black
From: Kenneth
Date: 11 Nov 2021 13:35:00
Message: <web.618d61e728696f324cef624e6e066e29@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> ... So in effect, your original five sphere definitions are not even being
> used; and the ones you did use are simply opaque.

Correction: In your scene, both sets of spheres ARE being rendered at the same
time... by mistake of course...and they exactly overlap, which is probably why
you (and I!) were seeing odd results during various experiments. When multiple
objects occupy the same exact space, POV-ray's built-in precision with its
calculations can sometimes show one object or the other, or else 'coincident
surface' speckles or other oddities.