POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I saw a very strange bug : Re: I saw a very strange bug Server Time
26 Apr 2024 13:18:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I saw a very strange bug
From: Samuel B
Date: 28 Oct 2021 19:00:00
Message: <web.617b2b243ace181ccb705ca46e741498@news.povray.org>
> Op 27/10/2021 om 22:06 schreef Samuel B.:
> >>
> >> I know the feeling, I saw a couple of times some mini bees that were not bigger
> >> than 3 or 4 millimeters and this felt unnatural.
> >
> > I would like to see those myself. Were they some sort of bee fly, perhaps?
>
> "Here There Be Tygers"  ;-)

Lol, I'm not sure if you're comparing bee flies to fictitious creatures such as
dragons at oceans' end, or something like ligers.

(This just in: ligers are real, but the males are apparently sterile.)

Anyway, bee flies are really cool. Much more well-behaved than common
houseflies... In fact, you can catch one if you're patient enough. They tend to
hover back and forth in the air, and if you are calm and match their movements
by waving your at the same pace they are wavering, you might just get one to
land on your fingertip. Not sure what the point of doing it is, but it's a neat
thing to do :D

Sam