POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Ideas. Playing with f_hash inbuilt function. (povr branch). : Re: Ideas. Playing with f_hash inbuilt function. (povr branch). Server Time
26 Apr 2024 01:27:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ideas. Playing with f_hash inbuilt function. (povr branch).
From: jr
Date: 19 Aug 2021 05:00:00
Message: <web.611e1d2b9e282aed5e0fed26cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

> Your/xterm's use of XReparentWindow() was not used in the coding
> approach taken by feh(1). Better, it's simpler than what I'd planned to
> try in my next attempt in creating the preview window completely under
> the passed id, where one passed.

I use 'xv' and (the window manager's own) 'wmiv' as image viewers, but had a
quick look at 'feh's man page, and would be interested how its '-list' output
compares to '$ identify *'.

re "coding approach", perhaps look at 'xterm' (or some other "old" utility)
source instead.  also, ought to have mentioned that the actual call to
XReparentWindow() is conditional on a call to a wrapper function
('xtermGetWinAttrs()') succeeding; that, essentially, is a
'XGetWindowAttributes()' call to see whether the id is valid.

> (1) - FWIW. I slipped up and didn't say it when I posted the
> f_distribution() sample images, but those were done with feh's caption
> highlight method. You'd been discussion highlight options/colors for
> your table include...

I think they should be called labels not captions, as they're inside the images
:-).  natty dash separators, are they supplied or did you have to type them?

regards, jr.