POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Reading mesh2 data from file : Re: Reading mesh2 data from file Server Time
23 Apr 2024 22:09:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reading mesh2 data from file
From: jr
Date: 4 Jul 2021 05:25:00
Message: <web.60e17d41c54a2bf05e0fed26cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

"Kima" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > > I mean something like

> > storing vertex and face coords/points in separate files etc should/would work.
> > however, have you considered only doing "the work" once?  that is, create an
> > ..inc file from your '*.txt' files instead and simply use that from then on?
> > have attached an example.
> >

> > regards, jr.

> I admit it is odd. I create the vertices and faces by a script in C. I save the
> vertex and face vectors within loops directly into files by fprintf. Then, I get
> the numbers at the end of the loops. AT  this stage, I cannot append the numbers
> at the beginning of the vectors saved into files.
>
> Therefore, my output is two files and the corresponding numbers.

odd, yes. :-)  I gather that the "script in C" is your own, so what I do not
understand is, why not keep everything in RAM until all calculations are done,
and do the "fprintf()"s after?  (my own effort too is in C, make use of it if
you wish
<https://news.povray.org/povray.text.scene-files/message/%3Cweb.5e2ec3f92af4d0a48c662f470%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3Cweb.