POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First image posting : Re: First image posting Server Time
26 Apr 2024 23:46:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First image posting
From: Chris R
Date: 25 Jun 2021 23:55:00
Message: <web.60d6a416f7d27fe6fb991d75cc1b6e@news.povray.org>
> "Chris R" <car### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
>
> > Still not completely happy with the look and texture of the mortar, but I think
> > these bricks are a big improvement on the original without individually creating
> > each brick.
>
> I like this particular render of the bricks, since I know exactly what type of
> brick you are making.   The later render with all of the turbulence wrecks that.
>
> https://www.masonsmasonry.com/usercontent/Brick/No9Blend.jpg

The nice thing is that with about 2 lines of code changes I can have either
version.

I am also thinking about other ways of varying the depth of the bricks.  I am
currently using a moderately scaled f_snoise3d function to push the bricks out
and in from the intended plane of the wall.  It gives interesting effects where
bricks get pushed out at angles.  But there are other ways using warp repeat
patters where I could get the bricks to push out or in as a whole, allowing some
more interesting patterns of brick layout.

--
Chris