POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : sphere proportions : Re: sphere proportions Server Time
26 Apr 2024 12:33:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sphere proportions
From: Psnarf
Date: 1 Jun 2021 17:50:00
Message: <web.60b6ab68dfb9240b8b87fe773aaaf4dc@news.povray.org>
I did not know the default aspect ratio was 4/3, or 1.333. I still don't see the
connection between the rendered object in 3d space and the +W +H switches to the
povray command. A ball should look the same no matter the size of the rendered
image. If the aspect ratio of the povray scene is different than the dimensions
of the rendered scene, should not the borders be extended, leaving a 4/3 box in
the center of the final image? I'm looking for a keep-aspect-ratio switch.