POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Installation thread : Re: POV-Ray Installation thread Server Time
25 Apr 2024 20:42:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Installation thread
From: jr
Date: 1 Jun 2021 07:05:00
Message: <web.60b6134f2344a9a179819d986cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

> > If you really want to improve the installation documentation situation,
> > my suggestion would be to help us (*) improve `unix/README.md` (which
> > constitutes THE authoritative quick-install instructions for Linux and
> > other Unixoids) and `unix/install.txt` (wich currently constitutes THE
> > authoritative detailed documentation of the installation process for
> > such platforms).
>
> good thought.  I tend to simply download a tarball, so will have a look at the
> included readme/install/etc files in the coming days.

have only found time for cursory reading so far.  the 'unix/*' readme + install
files, on the whole, are ok.  there's some .. rubbish, like the talk about
"*-dev" packages, which makes no sense when you get the source tarball from the
author(s).  (and on some OS' "*-dev" makes no sense at all)  anyway, will find
more time in the coming days (I hope) and post/send my $0.02.

regards, jr.