POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Granite_21 macro - beta #1.4 : Re: Granite_21 macro - beta #1.5 Server Time
26 Apr 2024 04:04:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Granite_21 macro - beta #1.5
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 31 May 2021 06:30:00
Message: <web.60b4b9e5388d0b7a1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>

> There is indeed an error there. Replace the following line:
>
> #ifndef (_GRANITE_FILE_INC_)  #include "DakotaRedGranite.inc"  #end
>
> by:
>
> #ifndef (_GRANITE_FILE_INC_)  #local Granite_file =
> "DakotaRedGranite.inc"  #end

So, I guess I'm still not understanding your intent.

Working backwards,

You have :"DakotaRedGranite.inc", so I guess the file you recently supplied
needs to be renamed with capitals.

Before this, You're checking to see if _GRANITE_FILE_INC_ is a declared
identifier.  Where is this identifier supposed to be properly declared?   In the
include file?

I just looked through "dakotaredgranite.inc" and it doesn't get declared in
there.
Also, this implies that _GRANITE_FILE_INC_ is a requisite line in any color_map
include file.  Correct?

Also, the arrays in any include file must have the proper names: A_Granite_map1,
A_Granite_map2, etc.

I see no real problem there at the moment, although it will need to be clear how
to properly implement multiple granite materials in a scene, so a demo ought to
have that feature and some comments.  Just pointing it out, since some people
like to have all of their include stuff at the top of a scene, and then do all
the processing later.

One last thing that occurred to me as I was trying to get to sleep - I decided
that I don't like the way I implemented the array for the color_map:
1. it uses separate entries for the color vector rather than a single vector.
2. That makes it difficult if not impossible to use rgbft colors

a 2d array with color_map location and color vector would likely be better.  The
macro probably has to get tested with an rgbft statement as well to make sure an
vector promotion happens as expected, etc.

- Bill