POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Installation thread : Re: POV-Ray Installation thread Server Time
5 May 2024 13:59:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Installation thread
From: jr
Date: 28 May 2021 04:10:00
Message: <web.60b0a4152344a9a179819d986cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

first off, reading yr reply, I realise (and want to note) that we are, in fact,
"in violent agreement" on pretty much all the points.  (so I've taken the
liberty to snip much)

> Am 27.05.2021 um 08:21 schrieb jr:
>
> >> We are intentionally NOT delivering a single shell script, because...

for all the reasons you gave etc.  the thread however, as I understood it, is
about building up a .. repository of scripts, snippets, related info on "foo"
required, etc.  all, again aiui, to be summarised + published on the wiki,
eventually.  a user-to-user resource.

> - Every time we add a new package dependency ...
> My take is that it is probably far more efficient to let package
> maintainers do the job. People who know the peculiarities of their
> distributions by heart, and who commit to keeping "their" packages
> maintained.

I have attached the 'ldd' output for POV-Ray 3.7.0.8, as installed on a Debian
system, via 'apt-get'.  I leave it to you to .. rationalise the linking to
'pulseaudio' and other such.  ;-)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'lddpov.txt' (5 KB)