POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Installation thread : Re: POV-Ray Installation thread Server Time
26 Apr 2024 17:56:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Installation thread
From: Mr
Date: 13 May 2021 11:40:00
Message: <web.609d476a2344a9a116086ed03f378f2@news.povray.org>
> I have a fairly new laptop that I'm setting up and sorting out, and at some
> point I became aware that there is really precious little clear, methodical,
> detailed information on how to install povray on a linux system, that is right
> here on the POV-Ray website.
>
> So, in an effort to work out a fairly robust process for folks new to linux, and
> unfamiliar with all of "the usual" ways of doing things that are just left as
> "we assumed that you already know how to do all of this..." (no) I'm going to
> use this thread to document installation of official POV-Ray, perhaps by several
> methods, version 3.8 alpha, and hopefully povr and hgpovray38 as well.

Please consider the final format to suit addition or corrections to the
following page if you haven't already. Is that okay?
https://wiki.povray.org/content/HowTo:Install_POV

If collectively, and more importantly tried by real users and validated on a per
distribution basis.

Anyone can write to discussion tab of that same page, just sign with your
nickname at the bottom of suggestions for more clarity of the exchange. Thanks
for this initiative among so many  !  :-)