POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Upgrading POV-Ray's include files #1: granites.inc --> granites21.inc : Re: Upgrading POV-Ray's include files #1: granites.inc --> granites21.inc /= Server Time
15 May 2024 14:32:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Upgrading POV-Ray's include files #1: granites.inc --> granites21.inc /=
From: jr
Date: 21 Apr 2021 09:20:00
Message: <web.6080255f64981f5c79819d986cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

> Op 21-4-2021 om 13:56 schreef jr:
> > note to Thomas: _please_ correct the spelling to 'mahogany'.
>
> I have been wondering about the spelling. After (again) assessing the
> occurrence of both spellings on the net, it seems indeed that "Mahogany"
> is the correct one.

perhaps also to do with accessing the net from the Netherlands vs the UK?  both
Google and Wiktionary don't think much -- anything! -- of 'mohogany'.

> I followed Daniel Mecklenburg's original (wrong) spelling from the start.
>
> Additional Names: Dakota Mahagony,Dakota Mahogany,Mahogany
> Dakota,Mahogany Dakota America,Rushmore Mahogany,Select Mahogany,Sunset
> Mahogany,Brown Velvet Mahogany,Whetstone Mahogany,American
> Bouquet,Carnelian Granite    :-)

> I shall correct but I wonder if I am not going to name it: "Dakota Red
> Granite" instead.

do "mahogany granites" occur in places other than the Dakotas? if yes, I'd put
the "Dakota Red" plus latin nomenclature with the by-variant "background" info.

(and thanks for making change to spelling)

regards, jr.