POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Upgrading POV-Ray's include files #1: granites.inc --> granites21.inc : Re: A few words to Yve Server Time
29 Jun 2024 02:02:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A few words to Yve
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 18 Apr 2021 09:00:00
Message: <web.607c2cf75d3414641f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>

Sarcasm and satire aside,
You need to deal with the fact that there is a large and rapidly increasing
number of people out in the world that suffer from mental illness.  They may
_seem_ normal in certain isolated settings, but it only takes the slightest
nudge to flip things over that threshold.

> I am afraid you missed the (gradual) shift to this new approach;

Nah,  If you pay attention to the "pattern" of posting, one can surmise that
like some other people, there's some type of monitoring software being used, and
after months or years of absence, they suddenly appear from seemingly nowhere to
get offended over something, rave, and generally "stir the pot".

> You and me, we are both part of the scientific community at large I
> understand.

Be careful.  You're projecting.  Soon you will begin to attempt to rationalize
the irrational and get "sucked in".  I can't tell you how many "scientists",
"professors", "grad students", "experts", "professionals", "mathematicians", and
"programmers" - who you'd think would be logical and at least stable - but you
shift to a certain topic, and it all goes straight out the window.
Imprinting, trauma, brainwashing, and Stockholm Syndrome are all very real, very
dangerous things.   Amongst many others.

> I understand your irritation about

.... everything.  It's the way everyone in the world is now.   They do
archaeology to uncover decades old thing to be offended about, and when that's
too much work, they invent fictitious "new" things to take offense at.

> A last remark. I take exception to your impatience when you mention that
> "it seems you did not even bother to look at my code" and that *within
> 24 hours* of your initial post! I resent this indeed. You have
> absolutely no idea about the frequency and time I spend on POV-Ray,
> including reading and commenting on posts. I mentioned that I have a
> life in the Real World, as you have too I am sure, and that takes
> absolute priority. Well, let me tell you that during each 24 hours I
> spend maybe two hour *maximum* to POV-Ray (including posts), divided
> over several snippets of time during the day. So, gimme a break, OK?

I sometimes get impatient for responses, especially when I'm working on
something and need ("want") some assistance to move past some difficulty and
reach a solution or workaround.  But that's not really the case here.
I'm calling "rabid instability".  Maybe he's taken up eating paint.

I have work, home, child, meals, shopping, laundry, garden, relationships,
neighbors, favors, friends, community involvement, and plenty of other things
that take me away from making any "meaningful progress" on any number of _hobby_
projects, let alone starting any new ones.  And my mechanism of making a "to-do
list" is starting a project so that it's physically there to remind me of it.

> All right. Enough about this. I hope you understand if you read this,
> and let's close the matter definitively. If you want to answer, you are
> welcome indeed, but I consider the war axe to be buried from now on.

Toxic people get offended and will try to flip things around and in true Saul
Alinsky fashion, accuse YOU for holding a grudge.  "Nah, little buddy.  That's
called a boundary."

I've been through all of this in a very personal, very real, very consequential
manner.  So I can see what's going on instantly, with pretty good clarity.  And
I know how to follow the breadcrumbs (vide infra).

"The emotional maturity of a typical narcissistic person is akin to a 5-year-old
child who pouts and refuses to play with a friend in the sandbox because the
friend wants to share the pail and shovel. The 5-year-old refuses to talk with
the friend and angrily storms off to play on the jungle gym with someone else."

https://www.goodtherapy.org/blog/silent-treatment-a-narcissistic-persons-preferred-weapon-0602145

view-source:https://