POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Upgrading POV-Ray's include files #1: granites.inc --> granites21.inc : Re: Upgrading POV-Ray's include files #1: granites.inc-->granites21.inc Server Time
28 Sep 2024 21:21:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Upgrading POV-Ray's include files #1: granites.inc-->granites21.inc
From: Kenneth
Date: 16 Apr 2021 22:20:00
Message: <web.607a4513f9c97af4d98418916e066e29@news.povray.org>
Ive <ive### [at] lilysoftorg> wrote:

> I'm can assure you that in 1996 absolutely nobody did use assumed_gamma
> 1.0 for reasons that are actually quite obvious even if you do not
> understand them.

Gee, I guess I don't, not being blessed with your obviously superior and
all-seeing knowledge.

> Well, my understanding was that this is not just about this particular
> granite file, but about a correct way to convert in general old textures
> from times were *never* assumed_gamma = 1.0 was used.
>
> Obviously this is not the case, sorry for this misunderstanding on my
> part but frankly you should have said so in the first place and should
> not have added a bunch of buzz words borrowed from color science into
> your header where these words make no sense at all.

Gee, an actual half-baked apology? From Your Highness?! (with a dose of further
insults, of course) Wow. I'll bet you choked on it, trying to get it out.

> So I did completely waste my time here...

Gee, that's sad.

> My conclusion: my first thought was right, so please do not mention me
> in any of your files, seriously I mean it.

Gee, that sounds SERIOUS. You mean it! (...or else?...) Personally, I would pay
no attention to such egotistic claptrap. It actually makes me laugh. And if you
felt insulted and wronged and that your *orders* were not being paid attention
to, you would be welcome to take your case to the International Criminal Court
of Justice to seek redress...if they don't laugh too, and kick you out of the
building.

> No need to bother with a reply

Yes Sir, if you say so Sir.

 I'm outa here

Gee, that's sad too. I guess you'll be flying back to Mount Olympus now, to be
among your fellow Gods. Well, don't let the door slam on your way out!
*Somehow*, the rest of us will manage to get along...

> so long - Ive

Send us a postcard from On High.

------
But I still like your IC app; I'm not yet going to tear it from my computer and
burn its bytes in a fit of childish temper...like you have displayed.

You may take your toys and go home now.