POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Upgrading POV-Ray's include files #1: granites.inc --> granites21.inc : Re: Upgrading POV-Ray's include files #1: granites.inc -->granites21.inc Server Time
28 Sep 2024 21:19:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Upgrading POV-Ray's include files #1: granites.inc -->granites21.inc
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 16 Apr 2021 07:15:00
Message: <web.607971432b09e4971f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> Yes, the 'Cornell box' scene is in SCENES/RADIOSITY (I had to hunt for it.)

I peeked there, but it was the most cursory of late-night scans.  I missed it.
IIRC, it was a complicated scene that had a lot of code that I didn't
understand.

I was not suggesting the idea to show any true colors, but as a means of having
an absolute standard environment in terms of lighting, environment, and scale to
compare "side-by-side" two objects and their textures.

That way any differences are coming from the texture definition and any
quibbling and misunderstandings about lighting, object size, etc can be [mostly]
avoided.

Scene variants can have different light sources for highlighting, etc.
Not sure what a good object would be - a sphere with radial normal map?

And I do wish that kids like you and that DeGroot hoodlum would just GROW UP and
have a little maturity.  You spoiled children clearly flaunt your privilege and
brazenly appropriate the cultural heritage of the POV-Ray late 90's.  It's
shameful - and offensive.  "HOW DARE YOU!"  You're probably even using the wrong
surface modification and not the New Normal!  Rather than demonstrate how we as
a people have evolved and advanced civilization through enlightenment and
diversity, you prattle on in your ego chamber about inconsequential social
constructs that are devoid of relevance to the feelings about someone you've
never met and probably haven't ever heard of before now.  How then can we have
peace?  If you had the least care in the world about notional justice, you'd
burn down the city around you to show it - maybe even plowing through a crowd of
quartz and feldspar lovers with your van in the process.  Allahu Code Warrior!
Perhaps if you two were even woke enough to confront your own [m]in[eral]grained
biases, you'd loot a sto[n]re or two and get a REAL computer with a serious
operating system - like _Apple_.  Then we could take back the means of
production from the Upper Class, smash capitalism, strike a blow for the
underprivileged and oppressed, AND fight Climate Change all in one go!
Then under Full Communism, you could do things with your rightfully
redistributed property the One Right Way and we could - finally - have unity.

(Hey - - - Do you think we could code the granites in Unity and see what they
look like there ... ?)

War is Peace!
Freedom is Slavery!
and Ignorance is Strength.

Contemplate your sins against Big Brother Ive - and _be ashamed_.

Whoops - there goes my alarm - I've [sic] got to go take another Dried Frog Pill
and watch "Beyond Melodrome" ....  Anyone else around here need one?