POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Upgrading POV-Ray's include files #1: granites.inc --> granites21.inc : Re: Upgrading POV-Ray's include files #1: granites.inc -->granites21.inc Server Time
17 May 2024 19:46:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Upgrading POV-Ray's include files #1: granites.inc -->granites21.inc
From: Kenneth
Date: 16 Apr 2021 03:40:00
Message: <web.60793e9a2b09e497d98418916e066e29@news.povray.org>

> I have come to the conclusion that granites21.inc is /based on/
> granites.inc by Daniel Mecklenberg and not an exact reproduction of his
> code. If we want those, we need to render the original file separately,
>   with the initial conditions like Ive and you have done.

Yes, I agree. And in my personal opinion, the gamma 1.0 'look' is most likely
what was intended, more or less-- based on my trust of your own knowledge of
granites, and also the original comments by Daniel M, who seemed to know about
the subject himself. It would surprise me if he did run his textures with a
2.2-gamma and accepted the result-- because I would assume that "North American
Pink granite" is a well-known and 'standard' type of rock, agreed on by
geologists.  Not like 'political viewpoints', ha.