POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Music Video Project : Re: Music Video Project Server Time
26 Apr 2024 08:29:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Music Video Project
From: Kenneth
Date: 11 Apr 2021 10:00:00
Message: <web.60730089432b07e1d98418916e066e29@news.povray.org>
"m@b" <sai### [at] googlemailcom> wrote:

> I use Audacity to find the start time of each phrase in the song, I then
> put these times in a spreadsheet to get the clock values and frame
> numbers for POV-Ray .

I use Audacity too, a great free app. And your spreadsheet for creating
animation timings is a great idea. If I understand your spreadsheet-use
correctly, how do you ultimately output the values there into a form that
POV-ray can #read during its animation render? I assume that it would be a
simple text file-- but does the spreadsheet app automatically format its
frame-number data in the proper POV-ray-required format?

(Obviously, I'm not very familiar with spreadsheet use.)

> If there is a constant beat throughout the song you can set up a
> variable direct from clock which can be used to animate all sorts of things.

The 'constant beat' is sometimes not so constant, ha. Especially during long
songs. (Unless the beat is generated by a drum machine or click track, for
example.) Human drummers sometimes have a tendency to ever-so-slightly slow down
or speed up-- which is probably not noticed by most listeners, but might create
minor glitches when compared to computer timings.