POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Sounds of POV-Ray : Re: The Sounds of POV-Ray Server Time
26 Apr 2024 18:34:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Sounds of POV-Ray
From: Leroy
Date: 7 Apr 2021 18:40:00
Message: <web.606e33cbe8731e13a93e6a71f712fc00@news.povray.org>
ingo <ing### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> https://ingoogni.nl/povray/sounds-of-povray/the-sound-of-povray/
>
> The last weeks I've been exploring ways to use POV-Ray for sound creation.
> It actaully works quite simple. I put up a first article on it. Very basic
> (the site also). More will follow,
>
> Ingo

Audacity has function 'Sample data import' that I've used to make my own waves.
It is written in a float txt format that makes it eazy to import from POV.
I use POV splines to make a road height field and then used the same splines to
make the motor noise of a car.(it's on YouTube as MarsCarsII)

I like what you've done! Keep up the good work.