POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sci-Fi Scene Assets : Re: Sci-Fi Scene Assets Server Time
2 Jul 2024 20:30:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sci-Fi Scene Assets
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 6 Apr 2021 18:00:00
Message: <web.606cd909a906d8e387570eabd4644d08@news.povray.org>
I started modeling some new assets for an Earthlike planet-side scene I'm
working on. This is a "beam tower" that will be instanced several times, made up
of a few fairly simple UV mapped meshes. It uses cylindrical media with some
turbulence for the beam and lower glowy bits, and a spherical media at the top
of the spire for a flare effect where the beam emits upward.

And no, I'm not sure what the beam does exactly, but that's part of the beauty
of sci fi - it doesn't really have to make sense to us because we wouldn't
understand the tech anyway (but I suppose the guys that work inside these
buildings would know what it does...)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'beamtowerwipsnomats.jpg' (149 KB)

Preview of image 'beamtowerwipsnomats.jpg'
beamtowerwipsnomats.jpg