POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : alpha.10064268 macro problem : Re: alpha.10064268 macro problem Server Time
28 Apr 2024 05:12:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: alpha.10064268 macro problem
From: jr
Date: 4 Apr 2021 15:20:00
Message: <web.606a10df54e5aaba79819d986cde94f1@news.povray.org>
> "jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > good thought, yes.  (and your hunch that the problem lies in the .inc was spot
> > on too)
>
> I kinda thought it had to do with the fore_call, but I didn't catch that it was
> the #if statement operating ON the fore_call that was the real issue.
> TOK to the rescue again.
>
> > I'm not yet quite sure how, but the code needs to be .. re-structured.
> > one/the concern is the size of the .inc file; ironically,  the "troublesome"
> > 'fore_call()' was written to reduce duplication of code within the "walkers".
>
> Can't you just add the sphere right after the #if, or just add an #else,
> depending on when you want the sphere instantiated?

as I said, not quite sure.  over the coming days I'll do two things: move the
logic of 'fore_call' into the "walker" macros -- 9 items :-(, and re-write the
interface to 'Foreach(array,dictionary)', which will get rid of 'fore_verbose',
give the user named flags (no quite enum, but hey), and keeps all arguments in
one place.

regards, jr.