POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : alpha.10064268 macro problem : Re: alpha.10064268 macro problem Server Time
26 Apr 2024 14:24:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: alpha.10064268 macro problem
From: jr
Date: 4 Apr 2021 14:25:00
Message: <web.606a037754e5aaba79819d986cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

> Instead of a boolean, return an integer flag to be further processed.
> (POV-Ray treats any non-zero value as "true")
> Then you can initially process the result as a boolean like you do, but then
> have a follow-up procedure that instantiates the sphere, maybe using #select.

good thought, yes.  (and your hunch that the problem lies in the .inc was spot
on too)  I'm not yet quite sure how, but the code needs to be .. re-structured.
one/the concern is the size of the .inc file; ironically,  the "troublesome"
'fore_call()' was written to reduce duplication of code within the "walkers".

regards, jr.