POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : alpha.10064268 macro problem : Re: alpha.10064268 macro problem Server Time
25 Apr 2024 19:24:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: alpha.10064268 macro problem
From: jr
Date: 4 Apr 2021 10:10:00
Message: <web.6069c89d54e5aaba79819d986cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

"Tor Olav Kristensen" <tor### [at] TOBEREMOVEDgmailcom> wrote:
> "jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > the below shows the error message I'm getting when I try to create an object
> > from within the "payload" macro; ...
>
> I suspect that your problem is that your bigSphere and mkSphere macros insert
> the code for a sphere as the argument to the ! (logical not) operator.

first off thank you for taking a look.  appreciated.

> I think it is happening in this line in your fore_walker1D macro:
>
>       #if (!fore_call(a_,cmd_,fore_flagBoolean(f_)))

you mean the parser (ultimately) emits code like '#if (!sphere {...})'?  that
would certainly explain the expect numeric expression message.  disclaimer first
:-): I know nothing of the POV-Ray parser or its internal "voodoo"
managing/unwinding the call stack, and (all) too little about parsing in
general.

when I look at the 'fore_call()' macro code, given that the "payload" is a
void-type macro, the '#else' branch (line 106) will be used.  I expect(ed) the
sphere to be inserted replacing line 107.  certainly, when debug is enabled, the
subsequent '#debug concat()' always displays the value it's received in line
108.  so, not knowing the parser etc, how [cw]ould the sphere code wind up in
'fore_walker1D'?

regards, jr.