POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : alpha.10064268 macro problem : Re: alpha.10064268 macro problem Server Time
16 Apr 2024 14:01:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: alpha.10064268 macro problem
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 3 Apr 2021 20:45:00
Message: <web.60690b0154e5aaba1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> </grin>  thanks.  can do with some lightheartedness.  :-)

No, truly.  You're busting in on my turf.
I have not seen such a tangle of ever-changing errors and line numbers since the
last 4 times I broke POV-Ray.
This is a real head-scratcher you've coded up.

> intrigued.  what can you not do with just '#end's?

http://news.povray.org/povray.advanced-users/thread/%3Cweb.5ba2723e83bd6a1ec437ac910%40news.povray.org%3E/

I was also thinking that since we don't have an 'alias' directive, we might be
able to track the nesting level with something like:

#macro If (A)
     #declare Level = Level + 1;
     #if (A)
#end

and then a corresponding EndIf () macro could decrement the counter...

I was also trying to simplify reading ASCII stl files in, and since they are SO
similar to the mesh {} syntax, an alias or ignore or error trapping or a
comma-free #read from file mechanism would be really nice to process external
files with....

I suppose after I get some of the mountain of SDL POV-Ray stuff off my plate, I
should really start learning to read the source code more accurately and figure
out how to add functionality to it.