POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : [Q] POV-Ray in command line : Re: [Q] POV-Ray in command line Server Time
26 Apr 2024 19:35:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Q] POV-Ray in command line
From: BayashiPascal
Date: 30 Jan 2021 21:05:01
Message: <web.60160f37b3a558266396ca3e0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Thank you very much for the web page, it looks like a very interesting research
project.

> POV-Ray is totally appropriate to show what I'm doing, because it can
> represent the eight parameters I'm obtaining from the camera movement.

Sure, Pov-ray can do that perfectly. What I meant was another rendering engine
could also do it as well, while avoiding the problem you face with Pov-ray. For
example a graphic library integrated to what you're using to launch the Pov-ray
instances would avoid creating those 2000 external processes to run Pov-ray. In
a previous comment you were writing "pac%04d.png", maybe you're using the C
programming language to generate the Pov-ray scripts and launch there rendering?
In that case, using a graphic library like, for example, OpenGL to render images
directly in the C program instead of using Pov-ray would allow you to get the
same result while avoiding the problem encountered with Pov-ray.

But, I still do not understand completely your constraints and I shall no go
further with hypothesis.

Anyway, bonne chance in your research ! :-)