POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : [Q] POV-Ray in command line : Re: [Q] POV-Ray in command line Server Time
25 Apr 2024 09:39:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Q] POV-Ray in command line
From: BayashiPascal
Date: 29 Jan 2021 22:20:00
Message: <web.6014d02db3a558266396ca3e0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Trying to guess what you're doing. The execution of the 2000 renderings is
automated in some way but you're getting your data used to create the rendering
script in real time, one image after the other, waiting new data to render the
next image, thus don't know in advance the new parameters. Am I right ?

If that's the case, and if the rendering could be delayed, you could wait until
you acquired the whole data for the 2000 images and implement a solution as
we've suggested in previous posts to render images at the end of acquisition.
But may be you need to render the image as soon as its data are acquired and use
the rendered image to acquire the next data ?

Your video really sparks my curiosity. I'm also working on project using
Pov-ray, real world data and depth images. Would you mind telling us a little
more about what you're doing ? Looks like some kind of 3D reconstruction from
data acquired by a drone ?

I also understand that finding a solution, which I have no idea of, to the
finder problem may be more practical to your use case, but, as jr, I still
believe there may be a work around. The image you render looks simple, and given
the real time constraints (either during acquisition, rendering process or
rendered image post processing) you seem to have, maybe Pov-ray is simply not
the appropriate tool to your use case ?

Hoping to be helpful,
Pascal