POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : [Q] POV-Ray in command line : Re: [Q] POV-Ray in command line Server Time
25 Apr 2024 20:21:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Q] POV-Ray in command line
From: jr
Date: 29 Jan 2021 06:55:01
Message: <web.6013f64fb3a5582679819d980@news.povray.org>
hi,

Francois LE COAT <lec### [at] atariorg> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can't use clock variable, in the case of my rendering. Here it is...
> The rendered image is the yellow camera, in up-right corner. Every
> 2000 POV-Ray scripts are different. The 2000 POV-Ray scripts are
> generated reading a data file, containing series of float numbers.

you don't give (m)any details about how your code is structured, so my comments
are .. a shot in the dark.  :-)

if your 2000 "scripts" are simply the changing data, and you '#include' those
from a scene, then serially numbered data filenames corresponding to
'frame_number' and constructing the file name at runtime would allow you to run
a single "animation".

if you have to extract each data set one at a time, using a shell script in
conjunction with the '{pre,post}_frame_command's in the ini file might do the
trick, again, you'd only run one animation.  hth.

regards, jr.