POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 2D QRD Design Visualization : Re: 2D QRD Design Visualization Server Time
1 May 2024 01:54:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2D QRD Design Visualization
From: Kenneth
Date: 6 Jan 2021 09:45:09
Message: <web.5ff5cbd11bc6d663d98418910@news.povray.org>
"Robert McGregor" <rob### [at] mcgregorfineartcom> wrote:
> "Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > For *years*, I've been trying to convince the venue's owners to put *some*
> > kind of sound-absorbing panels (or whatever) on the L-shaped walls that
> > surround us. But they don't seem to think it's important. *sigh* :-(
> > I haven't given up, though!
>
> I hear you, I've been through the exact same thing. A couple of years ago I
> finally convinced the owner at my local "super-reverberant" regular gig venue to
> let me make hang some of my absorber panels on the walls. It made such a big
> difference that he paid me to make and install  25 of them :)

Ha! Congratulations. The owner of that venue is obviously more pro-active, and
listens to reason.

Sound absorbing vs. sound scattering: I have to admit that I never thought about
the differences(!) Thanks for the brain-boost ;-)  My previous ideas about
modifying my local venue's L-shaped corner involved using lots of
randomly-oriented carpeted/padded panels, sticking out from the walls. (Based on
low cost.) But perhaps the panels should have hard surfaces(?) I obviously need
to do more research, ha. (Not that I have much chance of implementing the idea,
sad to say.)