POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 2D QRD Design Visualization : 2D QRD Design Visualization Server Time
27 Apr 2024 00:03:18 EDT (-0400)
  2D QRD Design Visualization
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 31 Dec 2020 16:35:02
Message: <web.5fee41acaea2e87187570eab0@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

I've been building some new acoustic treatments for my recording studio and
worked out a design for a 2D Quadratic Residue Diffuser (QRD) based on the prime
number 19, but had no idea what it would actually look like. So, I fired up
POV-Ray (a year-long hiatus) and after creating a simple 2d array of wood
lengths I was able to get this pretty decent visualization in no time.

The physical unit will be 2 x 4 feet and the math says it should diffuse
soundwaves from ~430Hz to ~5400 Hz, which is just what I need for the rear wall
of my control room. Now I just need to actually go out to the workshop to cut
and glue 700+ pieces of wood. Luckily the snow has been very light so far this
season.

Cheers,
Rob

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'qrd_2d_19_diffuser.png' (2049 KB)

Preview of image 'qrd_2d_19_diffuser.png'
qrd_2d_19_diffuser.png