POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : shiny : Re: shiny Server Time
15 May 2024 01:30:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: shiny
From: jr
Date: 7 Dec 2020 16:00:07
Message: <web.5fce9703fc581646a8a81eb0@news.povray.org>
hi,

Ash Holsenback <no### [at] spamcom> wrote:
> On 12/7/20 8:57 AM, jr wrote:
> > Ash Holsenback <no### [at] spamcom> wrote:
> >> On 12/3/20 11:27 AM, Ash Holsenback wrote:
> >> zen gnome sitting on a stack of oreo's ... ohmmmmm
> >
> > electric..  ;-)  (do non-black Oreos exist?)
>
> haha... i see you couldn't /resist/ance.

would have been futile, due to pending assimilation.  :-)

> > like the new plinth.  had hoped that, after you mentioned Aladdin's lamp,
> > there'd be smoke issuing from the spout with the outline of the genie emerging...
>
> i already explored the smoke idea...problematic. i think diff hdr probe
> and lighting would give better results.

I'd been thinking (naively) that TdG's recent cloud/smoke generating code could
be used (though I've not played with it (yet)), and an image[*] of the genie
"embedded" in the same volume; did a quick image search on 'Aladdin genie',
plenty to choose from.

[*] converted to a DF3, or set of.

have only a (very) vague idea of the hdr/lighting stuff, will need to read up.

> rather spend time working out
> the (gnome) uv mapping in blender... i want to detail him out.

what's with the little hole in its chest?  shot?  :-)

regards, jr.