POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Doctor John - FieldCam conundrum : Re: Doctor John - FieldCam conundrum Server Time
19 Apr 2024 09:24:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Doctor John - FieldCam conundrum
From: BayashiPascal
Date: 16 Nov 2020 08:35:08
Message: <web.5fb27f25ed460f77108b22750@news.povray.org>
Hi Thomas,
I have never used Doctor John's macro but a quick look at it make me think it is
not supposed to work if the Y coordinates of you camera location and look_at do
not have the same value.

Changing your script as follow:

#case (2)
  #declare CamHeight    = 1;
  #declare CamLoc       = <2000.0, H+CamHeight, -2400.0>;
  #declare CamLookAt    = <2000-100, H+CamHeight, -2400+100>;
#end

and testing with the same H values as you example and FC on gives me correct
images (as far as I understand), cf attachment.
I also don't know if you really need to have a look_at at a different height...

I hope this will help you.

> I need the help of a Matrix Master.
>
> I am a regular user of Doctor John's FieldCam macro which enables
> slanting architecture to look straight. It simulates the professional
> cameras where this adjustment can be done through the lenses.
>
> The macro works perfectly... as long as your scene camera is situated
> about the origin of the Y-axis. Recently, I have been working on scenes
> where the camera is situated at about y=170.00, and strange things
> happen: the camera is moved upwards and forwards, the more so as
> elevation gets greater.
>
> To illustrate this, I have attached a little test scene and an image
> showing the problem. H is the value for the elevation of the scene
> elements along the Y-axis.
>
> I can correct this by adding a translate after the "NoFall" transform in
> the camera code, but I assume that this could better be done within the
> "NoFall" matrix. I have not the slightest idea how to do this.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> --
> Thomas

Post a reply to this message