POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : city buildings-- WIP 9_29_2020 : Re: city buildings-- WIP 9_29_2020 Server Time
15 May 2024 23:19:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: city buildings-- WIP 9_29_2020
From: Kenneth
Date: 5 Oct 2020 00:15:01
Message: <web.5f7a9cca32341a55d98418910@news.povray.org>

and Bald Eagle wrote:
> You can also do that thing where you use a (cheap) USB drive to boost your
> memory - no idea how fast/slow that is, but it will save on the HDD thrashing.

At my 'advanced' age, these 21-century technological changes and improvements
are a bit slow to digest, ha. I'm not sure as to how all of this works. I do
have a 500GB Samsung USB external memory (a solid-state 'thumb drive'); can
POV-ray and all my files be loaded onto it and actually RUN from there? I would
imagine that a bunch of library-paths would need changing(?), at the very least.
And/or changes to the Windows registry(?) It's all a mystery to me, I admit.

Btw, I was told by a local computer-repair shop that my Win 7's HD could be
retro-fitted with a SSD, while keeping all of my files, the OS, etc intact. Hmm,
I wonder if that's true.