POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Hgpovray38, current state : Re: Hgpovray38, current state Server Time
28 Apr 2024 18:02:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hgpovray38, current state
From: Mr
Date: 4 Oct 2020 10:50:00
Message: <web.5f79e00ab933d8376adeaecb0@news.povray.org>

> My upfront guess is the windows libraries directory is out of date for
> the environment in which you are compiling. Give -std=c++11 a try. If
> you're lucky, let us know.
>
> Bill P.

Indeed, instead of what was in my last message, I just replaced the content of
boost immediate sub-directories with what was in the similarly named directories
of a fresh boost download... That got rid of this error! (I wonder if my two
previous modifications (posix ssize_t specific import and typedef, and cam
tokenizer pointer are still needed. I will assume they were and go on after
switching back to iso c++14 language version) I am left with another error line
506 in pvengine.cpp,
at the end of SCROLLKEYS key2scroll []:

constant expression evaluates to -1 which cannot be narrowed to type 'WORD' (aka
'unsigned short') [-Wc++11-narrowing] GUI
C:\HG-povray\povray-hgpovray38\windows\pvengine.cpp 506

I also have the exact same error for what appears (to my Python-only eye) to be
a negative index, line 223 in pvmisc.cpp

I don't know by what to replace them ?