POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pending Storm : Re: Pending Storm Server Time
12 May 2024 14:38:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pending Storm
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 28 Sep 2020 18:55:00
Message: <web.5f7269409bb6a6571f9dae300@news.povray.org>
This came out well - the perspective / viewpoint works very well.

It looks very different between my 2 monitors.  I'm not sure how to
independently change the screen colors/gamma on my laptop but leave the
auxiliary monitor as it is.

Most noticeable to me was the wood railing - the colors, the texture/normals,
and the algae growth (probably because it's in the foreground).
As others have mentioned, the landscape and clouds are very well done.
The rusted bars are excellent - that texture must have taken quite some time to
develop.  (But perhaps they should not all appear to bent exactly the same).

The moss on the stone at the base of the railing is --- odd?  Unnatural?
Perhaps also add a bit of space around the post bases (larger hole, shadow) and
a bit of extra growth and rot where the water collects.

The castle looks very clean.  And perhaps add just a bit of texturing to the
little red roofs in the distance.   Maybe some bugs?  a bird?  a farm cart?

And really - those clouds are fan-tastic.

Good work, Thomas.   I'm glad to see some rendered fruits of people's effort
still being posted   :)

-BW