POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Operation timed out? : Re: Operation timed out? Server Time
27 Apr 2024 16:28:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Operation timed out?
From: jr
Date: 10 Aug 2020 07:50:01
Message: <web.5f3133c148fcdfd64d00143e0@news.povray.org>
hi,

> "jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>
> > it would be useful to hear from people who know the
> > code, in which circumstances/situations that error can happen.
>
> Is there a way to grep the source code to find out where that gets spit out, as
> a starting point for backtracking?

sure.  something like
  $ find /path/to/povray/src -type f -exec grep -Hn 'search term' {} \;

('-H' to make 'grep' report the file name, '-n' for line number; add '-i' to
make the search case insensitive)

meanwhile I found two relevant threads in the newsgroups:

<http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3C52dcd2b3$1@news.povray.org%3E/>
<http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3C56a2bec2%241%40news.povray.org%3E/>

regards, jr.