POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POVEarth still far away... : Re: POVEarth still far away... Server Time
16 May 2024 19:40:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVEarth still far away...
From: jr
Date: 2 Aug 2020 14:25:00
Message: <web.5f27040d93bb714f4d00143e0@news.povray.org>
hi,

<http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Text_Output_Options#Directing_Text_Streams_to_Files>

> > alternatively, on Linux, you can do something like:
> >
> >    $ povray myini 2> mylog
> >
> > to capture all povray's text output.
> >

> I did the latter... but nothing really interesting had been captured,
> just some one million lines of vertex generation messages from the
> #warning stream - nothing else, no fatal, render, debug or statistic
> streams! Strange?

I assume you're not using any of the other 'text output options' to suppress
output on some streams?  the 'verbose' option too is set 'on', I assume?
thereafter (afaik), there's only what Bald Eagle wrote, ie adding '#debug
concat()'s to the code.

also, if you want to use shell redirection and see the output as it's written,
you could use the 'tee' utility, eg:

  $ povray myini 2>&1 | tee mylog

regards, jr.