POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.programming : An updated povr tarball for Unix/Linux. f6b1c13e : Re: An updated povr tarball for Unix/Linux. f6b1c13e Server Time
5 May 2024 01:46:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An updated povr tarball for Unix/Linux. f6b1c13e
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 1 Aug 2020 11:50:00
Message: <web.5f258e75f6dfcecf1f9dae300@news.povray.org>

> ... looked to me as if several POV-Ray shipped includes are
> doing pointless includes which of course burns parse time for no reason.

Yes, and some don't have prerequisite include statements for their dependencies.
  I think that the segment of torus object needs something in another shapesN
include file and that include file isn't in the file "header".

Some of the other include files / insert files have some mysterious blocks of
code that I haven't deciphered/translated [yet].  IIRC, FL's analytic geometry
has a few near the end...

I was trying to figure out a way to create a monolithic include file that could
selectively include whatever you specified, but I haven't figured out the best
way to do that.