POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : whither POV-Ray ?? : Re: whither POV-Ray ?? Server Time
28 Apr 2024 16:39:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: whither POV-Ray ??
From: jr
Date: 21 Jul 2020 14:35:00
Message: <web.5f1734b817b7b05f4d00143e0@news.povray.org>
hi,

> On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 06:48:45 -0400, jr wrote:
> > Thomas de Groot <tho### [at] degrootorg> wrote:
> >> >
> >> [snip]
> >>
> >> I am glad you started this discussion. ... I believe we all would be
> >> helped with a bit of serious information, ...
> >
> > tja..  looks like no information -- at all.  CC's "Let me ping the other
> > guys on our mailing list and see what they think" (Jul 4th), and "...
> > Ill be posting another update in a little while" (Jul 12th), had no
> > followups.
> >
> > ("move on, move on, nothing to see.."?!  apparently happy to just kick
> > the ball in the long grass)
>
> What are you offering to do to help out?  Maybe you didn't notice, but
> nobody working on pov-ray is paid to do so, it's a volunteer effort.

> People have lives, and I don't know if you noticed, but there's a lot of
> stuff going on in the world that has people pretty concerned.

there's always "stuff going on in the world" -- it's called life.

and if you're alluding to SARS-Cov-2, re-read the thread.  the "pandemic" cannot
be blamed for sitting on the Moray source for thirteen plus years.

<http://news.povray.org/web.5f00de9f17b7b05f4d00143e0%40news.povray.org>

> My $0.02.

> "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and
> besides, the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw

quite.

regards, jr.