POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.programming : A povr tarball for Unix/Linux. : Re: A povr tarball for Unix/Linux. Server Time
25 Apr 2024 22:54:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A povr tarball for Unix/Linux.
From: jr
Date: 11 Jul 2020 11:05:00
Message: <web.5f09d4fcd1e52a784d00143e0@news.povray.org>
hi,

> On 7/11/20 5:31 AM, jr wrote:
> > have still not seen any "hangs", but managed to get an error; ...
>
> Thanks.

(I think I might have heard you <sigh>.  :-))

> I've not done any animations with the x11 display. I'll try it
> myself later today. I'd make a moderate bet from your output it's again
> the architectural problem of x11/sdl* not being at the top thread-wise,
> so to speak.

thanks.  wish I knew/understood more about the code, 'disp_x11.*' etc.  naively,
after the initialisation, just bracketing the worker thread's call to update the
window (a buffer-to-buffer move, I assume?) with calls to 'XLockDisplay' +
companion should do, no?

regards, jr.