POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mapping Textures on irregular shapes : Re: Mapping Textures on irregular shapes Server Time
3 May 2024 10:44:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mapping Textures on irregular shapes
From: Josh
Date: 6 May 2020 15:55:01
Message: <web.5eb3155b72e01857dc1270cd0@news.povray.org>
> "Josh" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>
> > Also,
> >
> > 4) I can't seem to get random numbers working. I've included #include
> > "functions.inc", #include "rand.inc". I have #declare Rnd_1 = seed (1153); but
> > when I put rand(Rnd_1) somewhere that you could put a float constant, povray
> > just complains that it expects something else.
>
> I'd need to see the actual statement that gets flagged and the actual error
> message.  I don't know what that "something else" is.
>
> I will guess that is complains that it found a ")" when it expected another
> numerical argument.

So here is the relevant part of my .pov file.

#declare Rnd_1 = seed (1153);

isosurface
{
  function
  {
    BASE_SHAPE(x + rand(Rnd_1), y, z)
  }
}

The exact statement minus the + rand(Rnd_1) works fine.

Here is the error:

File 'asteroid.pov' line 216: Parse Error: Expected 'function identifier', }
 found instead

Josh